Logistics Analyst – Luminex Corporation – Austin, TX, USA
Key Responsibilities of the Job:
- Collects, creates, processes and maintains data for analysis to identify hazardous and global trade compliance risks; identifies cost inefficiencies and recognizes trends.
- Must have experience analyzing data to find cost effective measures for transportation requirements.
- Manages freight forwarder and carrier relationships.
- Ability to present complex data to upper-level management, creating solutions and action plans.
- Implements standardized best practices across multiple locations.
- Manages and assigns HTS classifications, audit classification systems and software, researches and applies for licenses or permits as required to ensure operational integrity and regulatory compliance; is resourceful to research when the answer is not readily known.
- Remains knowledgeable and up to date with regulatory changes and programs developed by Bureau of Industry and Security, Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), Department of Homeland Security and other government agencies.
- Maintains continuous awareness and working knowledge of trade laws, regulations, policies and procedures including but not limited to: Export Administration Regulations; International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR); Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), customs laws and regulations
- Leads international logistics investigations including importing and exporting, as well as license determination.
- Presents, conducts, and manages action items to ensure project completion
- Leads Logistics process improvement projects by assembling cross-functional teams.
- Identifies, evaluates and manages global logistics and warehousing risks including supply chain security mapping and shipping lane routing analysis
- Ability to convert complex rules and regulations into easy to understand procedures and strategies, ensuring global trade and hazardous shipment training compliance.
- Updates related SOP’s and submits change orders as required.
- Leads packaging validations and development of new shipping or packing instructions to maximize payload and cost efficiencies.
- Learning on the Fly—learns quickly/open to change
- Peer Relationship—cooperative, team player, trusted and supported by peers
- Priority Setting—focuses on what is most important
- Written Communications—effectively communicates in writing
- Conflict Management—settles disagreement and disputes equitably
- Organizational Agility—knows how to go through the proper channels to get things done
- Customer Focus— dedication to the customer and earns their trust and respect
- Timely Decision Making — decisions can be made quickly even under tight deadlines and pressure
- Process Management—ability to simplify complex processes and to organize people and activities
- Directing Others–plans, organizes, and distributes workload appropriately and communicates clearly
- Building Effective Teams—builds a team with high morale and spirit; encourages open dialog
- Project Management – ability to gather a team to achieve action items to keep projects on schedule
- Presentation Skills—effective in all settings such as one-on-ones, with small or large groups, with peers or bosses, etc.
- Ethical Judgment – must have excellent and ethical judgment regarding compliance related matters
- Bachelors Degree Required – experience may be substituted for education upon Manager’s discretion
- Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent preferred
Required Certifications/License/Special Skills:
- Driver’s license
- Literacy (speak, read, and write in English)
- Must be available for work daily Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM. Occasional work on weekends may be required.
- Advanced knowledge of cGMP regulations
- Advanced knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA and Hazardous transport regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Required Work Experience:
- 2 Year’s Logistics Analyst, Traffic Analyst, Import/Export Administrative Coordination or related experience beyond working on a loading dock
- 1 Year Hazardous DOT/IATA research experience preferred
- Experience in a GMP and/or FDA regulated environment preferred
- Experience in handling, validating, and researching cold chain shipments preferred
- Experience serving on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience implementing process improvements
- Must work onsite at Luminex office
- Travel may be required approximately 20%
- Possible exposure to biological or chemical hazard, extensive noise, and/or working with lasers
- Work situations include dealing with people; working alone; making judgments and decisions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical manufacturing environment
- Frequent use of personal computer, copiers, printers, and telephones
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening, and talking
- Frequently around moving machinery, is exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity; is exposed to dust, fumes, gases, radiation
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate