Lean Process Excellence Facilitator (PEx) – Cold Chain Technologies, Inc. – La Vergne, TN, USA
This position will be a key part of our newly formed team to facilitate the transition of CCT to a Lean enterprise. The PEx facilitator will train, coach, mentor and directly apply lean tools and principles to all business functions within CCT value streams and will advocate and facilitate incorporation of process excellence practices throughout the organization. The PEx Facilitator will support our business transformation plan utilizing process excellence tools and engaging all associates in waste elimination and continuous improvement, key elements in our cultural change and commitment to continuous improvement and rapid growth.
- Train and lead Kaizen and lean workshops working with site leaders and associates, including VSM, daily management, standard work, problem solving, 3P/layout, cell design, material flow, TPM, SMED, variation reduction, 5S and visual management
- Identify internal and external best practices, and drive implementation across multiple locations
- Facilitate the development of a healthy cross-functional group of qualified lean tool experts
- Ensure that the organization’s systems, processes and structures effectively, efficiently and safely support KPI’s and strategy
- Identify business opportunities for improvement
- Provide project management to implement new processes and new product development efforts
- Effective design and operation of manufacturing processes, machines, tooling, and documentation
- Ability to influence unwilling/uncooperative individuals, up, down, and laterally within the organization
- Train and mentor Team Leads, Supervisors, and Value Stream Managers through daily management (Gemba) walks, KPI’s and standard work
- Provide direct facilitation for specific Lean events. Be prepared to rally the troops when little interest exists.
- Identify, coordinate and align with other company initiatives that parallel a cultural change to Process Excellence
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4-8 years lean implementation experience required. Highly preferred in a high volume, high variety industry with frequent new product introductions
- Operations experience highly preferred
- Experience in training and coaching a formal problem-solving methodology
- Proven track record leading and coaching Kaizen teams with an emphasis on execution and sustainment through daily management and KPI’s. Experience leading teams through Value Stream and Kaizen events required.
- Substantial proven experience driving successful, sustained Lean transformations
- Ability to influence cross-functional site leadership with excellent written and verbal communication skills; well respected by leadership and associates
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner
- Working knowledge of multiple business functions, including operations, quality, logistics, finance, sales, customer service, engineering, IT and human resources
- Ability to plan and implement projects from concept to completion is preferred
- Working knowledge of FDA/ISO regulatory guidelines is preferred
- The candidate must be highly motivated, hands-on, innovative, able to work with minimal direction, and should have good problem solving, teamwork, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize multiple word-processing and database applications including MS Office applications Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint as well as Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- ERP, MRP, and WMS experience helpful
- Candidate must be flexible and able to adapt to changes in priorities
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion
- Regular travel required – approximately 50%