Lab Manager – Jarden Corporation – Belcamp, MD, USA
Jarden Life Sciences is seeking a Lab Manager for their Center of Excellence in Belcamp, Maryland (about 40 minutes NE of Baltimore). The Belcamp test lab will serve as a highly-efficient test lab with fast throughput of testing projects and also act as a showcase for customers, sales people, and roundtable events for our innovation and new products. It is a thermal lab with distribution testing and Belcamp is a state-of-the-art lab with brand new everything and plenty of room to grow and expand. You will not find a nicer, more innovative cutting edge lab!
As a leader on the R&D team, the Lab Manager ensures successful operation of the Center of Excellence. The individual will play a key role in the organization by creating a positive environment for East Coast customers and the Jarden Life Sciences sales team to find cost effective packaging solutions.
Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Quantitative Analysis or equivalent. Significant and applicable work experience can be considered in lieu of four-year degree.
Requires at least 5+ years of prior experience in lab management with a track record of advancement.
Must be a US Citizen or currently authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. (Green Card holder). Visa sponsorship not available.
Package testing knowledge is preferred. This role is specific to our Thermal packaging product line.
ISTA CTP and/or CPLP certifications are preferred.
TECHNICAL ROLE COMPETENCIES:
- Manage thermal testing chambers including calibration and validation plans.
- Work well with external contacts, be comfortable reviewing testing plans and communicating directly with key customers and suppliers.
- Lead the justification and execution of lab expansion including additional test chambers and a broader scope of package testing capabilities.
- Results orientation and high degree of initiative, follow-through, and accountability. Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to utilize various personal computer programs within a LAN environment, including SolidWorks, MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, as well as to analyze problems and make independent judgments to initiate corrective action and resolution.
- Proficiency in statistical / 6-Sigma techniques to drive optimization and problem resolution. Experience with designing and conducting DOE plans.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration capabilities.
- Strong task and detail orientation, awareness of urgency in communication, while displaying diplomacy in day-to-day interactions.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Must also develop and deliver high-impact presentations at Senior Management level.
- Must be able to travel 20%
*Relocation assistance available
This position is being exclusively managed by Gros Recruiters. For immediate consideration, please forward your resume and compensation requirements in WORD FORMAT.
Job Type: Full-time
- Lab Management: 5 years