Inventory and Logistics Manager – Humacyte, Inc. – Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
- This position will report into the Associate Director, Bioprocess & Clinical Test Supplies
- Lead and coordinate supply planning and logistics activities across multiple products
- Provide detailed logistical plans for all development and eventual commercial products; Develop and implement logistics and planning tools through MS Project, spreadsheet and relational databases for supply chain, procurement and operations teams
- Work with IT, Finance and other teams to develop ERP modules to address logistics and planning issues
- Work closely with Packaging/Labeling, QA/QP and Regulatory CMC to ensure adequate materials are available for ongoing trials and commercial product
- Review demand of shipments collaboratively with Operations and ensure that shipment requests are timely coordinated
- Produce Logistics –chain of custody workflow and cold chain operational set-up for each product and clinical trials/commercialization
- Work closely with other departments to identify HAV clinical study requirements, distribution warehouses and import/export requirements
- Act as a first line resource to manage the interface between functionspertaining to supply, transportation, storage, logistics, and traceability issues
- Track compliance to cycle count process (raw materials, WIP and finished goods)and generate reports each month to communicate where they are non-compliant. Approve all cycle count variances for all locations, request plant investigation for large variances, and ensure the proper audit trail is maintained. Report non-compliance to process each month to the Head of Manufacturing and Controller
- Develop forecasts and maintain long-term inventory plans and models for supplies
- Identify risks associated with meeting the inventory strategies anddevelop contingency plans around that risk as needed
- Prepare forecasts for critical supplies, both internal and external
- Coordinate materials production to supply both Humacyte and our CMO
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, project management or related business administration is required with a certification in logistics or planning preferred. Master’s desirable, but not required.
- At least 10 years of relevant inventory management, logistics and planning – experience at a pharmaceutical or biotech company in inventory management, planning and supply chain management role.
- Experience with ERP system (preferably MS Dynamics Great Plains) is required
- Excellent MS Office and MS Project skills.
- In depth knowledge of material requirements planning and production scheduling
- Additional specific qualifications in the area of clinical supplies demand and logistics/ or planning management including and APICs, CPIM, and related processional certifications preferred
- Background in one or more specialties of biotechnology, bioprocess, cell technology, biomedical engineering, cell therapy, tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, process development, cell biology, chemical engineering, and/or biochemical engineering
- Experience working closely with Manufacturing, Project Management, functional team leaders, contract manufacturing partners and/or cold chain shippers and logistics providers
- As a privately-funded and a private company, Humacyte believes that every full time employee should have an ownership mentality and approach. We reinforce this ownership mentality via an equity stake in the form of stock options with every FTE.
- 401K plan with matching
- Full Benefits Package
- Career Development and Training