Import/Export Compliance Specialist – Sensitech – Beverly, MA, USA
UTC Building & Industrial Systems is the world’s largest provider of building technologies. Its elevator, escalator, fire safety , security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable. UTC Building & Industrial Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
As the world’s leading provider of cold chain visibility solutions, Sensitech enables global leaders in Food and Pharmaceuticals to track and monitor assets across the supply chain to protect the integrity of temperature-sensitive products. Sensitech is a wholly owned subsidiary of Farmington, Conn.-based Carrier Corp., the world’s leader in high technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions.
- Act as owner and facilitator of processes, audits, updates and training for issues relating to import/export compliance for all Sensitech and FreightWatch locations.
- Ensure proper Export and Import Document preparation thru development of templates, Work Instructions, training of personnel and auditing of forms for compliance. Ensure proper documents are distributed globally thru subsidiary supply chain management.
- Act as direct liaison with BIS corporate ITC leadership, attend meetings as scheduled. Disseminate policy and key announcements to stake holders throughout the organization. Ensure understanding and compliance where feasible.
- Provide guidance on Import/Export policy to Sensitech business partners, acquisitions, subsidiaries or distributors as needed.
- Oversee C-TPAT program, perform periodic audits at Sensitech and FreightWatch US locations to ensure compliance. Work with suppliers and FFs to maintain certification. Take part in CCS legacy C-TPAT core team meetings. Assist CCS legacy with other duties as requested.
- Ensure ISF filing process is compliant with CBP requirements, cascade down process and needed documentation to all ST & FW suppliers/partners or shipping locations for US bound ocean shipments.
- Work with BIS ITC leadership to ensure all products exported have correct export classification and record in ERP system.
- Manage denied party screening for ST & FW global locations and ensure compliance with UTC policy. Manage any potential matches with BIS ITC legal team.
- Understand sanctioned country restrictions and assist sales, finance and legal departments with ensuring compliance with UTC policy and US regulations.
- Support BIS ITC leadership with implementation of corporate ITC initiatives at a business unit level.
- Manage LI battery compliance markings and policy knowledge of IATA & DOT rules regarding shipment of devices containing Li batteries. Act as person of contact for Sensitech regarding the subject matter for suppliers, customers and freight providers. Provide internal education and information distribution as needed to process owners and customer facing staff. Manage standard work for process owners.
- Work collaboratively with local legal resource for all Li Battery or ITC related regulatory responses, updates, implementations, or standard work.
- Assess risk of both suppliers and customers for possible noncompliance or illegal activity regarding import or export activities. Publish risk matrix for international sites as needed and mitigate risk where possible thru education, policy change or work instructions.
- Prepare financial export documentation for LC or CAD shipments.
- Using 3 rd party resources as appropriate direct tariff code classification activities with engineering and product management, Sched B and HTSUS. Act as contact person for international sites on tariff classification compliance. Assist with tariff audits, duty drawback program and tariff classification requests. Perform periodic audits of internal and supplier documents and forms for tariff classifications, commercial invoice, AWB accuracy.
- Manage response to CF-28 and CF-29 CBP requests and findings. Work with Carrier Import Compliance team to craft response and collect data to support tariff rulings. Build relationship with Buckland (or other BIS designated partner) to facilitate tariff classification queries on new products, maintain master tariff class/part number in ERP system.
- Investigate and answer inquiries on duty, tax or customs discrepancies.
- Communicate INCOTERM requirements to Sensitech sales and order fulfillment employees, conduct annual training on INCOTERMS for all relevant employees, perform periodic audits on shipping documents to ensure compliance.
- Develop AES shipping procedures and conduct training as needed for all Sensitech export locations. Stay current on knowledge of process and legal requirements.
- Assist sales in formation of global contracts where shipping expertise is needed, integrate Trade Compliance regulatory requirements in customer and supplier contracts as required.
- Develop reporting to improve visibility, planning and improved financial performance related to Imports/Exports and add value to the process.
- Support international customer requests for special documents and validate the use of such documents in accordance with US export laws and CCS policies
- Interact with customers and Client Services to investigate and resolve international shipping issues
- Support Client Services needs/requests to ship internationally and provide guidance using knowledge of Sensitech’s international business structure
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.