Head of Supply Chain Management – ImmunoGen, Inc. – Waltham, MA, USA
ImmunoGen, Inc. develops targeted anticancer therapeutics. The Company’s ADC technology uses tumor-targeting antibodies to deliver an ImmunoGen cell-killing agent specifically to cancer cells. The Company utilizes its ADC technology with its antibodies to create ImmunoGen product candidates and also out-licenses limited rights to use its technology to other companies. Roche’s Kadcyla ® is the first marketed product with ImmunoGen’s ADC technology. More information about the Company can be found at www.immunogen.com .
Kadcyla ® is a registered trademark of Genentech, a member of the Roche Group.
The Head of Supply Chain Management will lead those functions with primary responsibility for ensuring the reliable supply of small molecules and antibody components of ImmunoGen’s ADCs, as well as for the ADCs themselves (both drug substance and drug product) for both clinical and ultimately commercial use. This individual will lead teams / staff responsible for supply chain planning (demand planning, supply planning and materials planning), logistics and distribution (including warehouse / inventory control).
This senior leadership role will report to the VP, Manufacturing Operations and will provide strategic, leadership and direction to the Supply Chain Management organization in alignment with ImmunoGen’s operational and long term objectives. The Head of Supply Chain Management will work closely with key stakeholders including Manufacturing, Quality, Clinical and Commercial teams to define and build the capabilities required to effectively manage ImmunoGen’s complex global supply chain and support eventual launch and commercialization efforts.
Responsibilities to include:
- Overse staff, suppliers and vendors involved in materials planning, inventory control, logistics, distribution to ensure customer goals are fulfilled on a timely basis and inventory goals are met.
- Direct communications with internal customers (Manufacturing, External Manufacturing, QA, QC, Clinical…) regarding supply, demand and scheduling issues through planner.
- Oversee Clinical Supply staff responsible for coordinating external product finishing, packaging and logistics activities, clinical demand / supply modeling and development, implementation and maintenance of Integrated Response Technologies.
- Provide oversight for import / export compliance and logistics management between ImmunoGen, suppliers and partners.
- Work closely with other functions to drive overall supply chain efficiency and product delivery in a cost-efficient manner.
- Lead the Demand & Operations Planning process as well as cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
- Drives development of relevant supply chain metrics, data collection and reporting.
- Ensure appropriate inventory controls and partner with Finance for financial closes and audits.
- Supports the development of regulatory CMC documentation and partner due diligence.
- Work with the Supply Chain, Quality and Clinical organizations as necessary to ensure that any excursions, deviations, CAPAs… are initiated, addressed and closed within target timeframes.
- Establish long range strategic and operating plans and set near-term priorities for the Supply Chain Management organization consistent with ImmunoGen’s Technical Operations strategy and long term objectives.
- Establish functional priorities and goals and identify performance improvement targets and metrics ensuring capabilities in place to effectively deliver on all commitments and performance targets.
- Optimize resources by deploying and modelling robust talent development, performance management, and succession planning and rewards/recognition practices.
- Build and lead high performing team and ensure tight alignment between all functions as well as other corporate functions.
- Implement appropriate team/departmental structures and governance and establish the required processes and communications to enable the Supply Chain Management organization to deliver on all commitments while building a culture of Safety and Quality and continuous improvement.
- Build and nurture employee engagement by creating environment within which individuals and teams can grow and excel. Serve as coach/mentor.
- Prepares annual and multi-year financial budgets and forecasts. Manage headcount and expenses to meet approved spending plans while delivering on commitments.
- Stay current with current industry standards, new trends and all applicable regulations.
- Develop and maintain external relationships with subcontractors, and service providers.
- A minimum of 15 years in biopharmaceutical supply chain management with a minimum of 12 years in leadership roles.
- Advanced degree in supply chain management, operations management or similar relevant discipline.
- Proven experience in building supply chain management departments, processes and systems to support biopharmaceutical development and commercialization.
- Must have strong knowledge of materials management, global logistics, clinical and commercial supply. Experience in cold chain management strongly preferred. Direct experience with distribution channel development and third party logistics providers strongly preferred.
ImmunoGen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.