Engineering Program Manager – Jarden Corporation – Fishers, IN, USA
Jarden Home Brands markets leading consumer brands that enhance the quality and convenience of life’s everyday events. The Ball®, Kerr®, and Bernardin® canning and preserving brands have been trusted by consumers for generations to help preserve their harvest. The Diamond® brand is the perfect party complement in both style and function, from innovative matches and fire starters, to cutlery, toothpicks and other food and entertaining utensils. Pine Mountain® and Java-Log® brands of firelogs offer safe, convenient, and eco-friendly alternative to wood. And our StarterLogg® and StarterStick® firestarters deliver the ultimate convenience for those preferring a natural cut wood fire.
Lifoam is a leading manufacturer of custom and proprietary molded foam and protective packaging solutions. Its well-known brands include “Lifoam” promotional and imprinted disposable ice chests, “Freez Pak” reusable ice substitutes, “Propak” insulated commercial packaging, and the “EnviroCooler” line of Healthcare packaging, among others.
We offer a competitive total compensation, health and wellness package and an engaging work environment where employees are rewarded and recognized for their individual and team contributions. Located in central Indiana, Jarden Home Brands is a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH), a leading provider of niche consumer products, with over 25,000 employees worldwide.
As a leader on the R&D; team, the Program Manager guides New Product development projects for the assigned Business. This individual will lead cross-functional teams thru research, design, development and commercialization of new products. This role requires strong initiative and comfort with ambiguity in the pursuit of aggressive growth goals. The PM will work closely with Marketing on both incremental and game changing innovations. As the team leader on diverse growth initiatives, this person will need great communication and teamwork skills, customer relationship management capability and solid experience with engineering project management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support and manage resources to develop and execute for key product lines and technical capabilities.
a. Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to plan, develop and deliver product platforms.
b. Lead cross-functional team members to drive resource alignment and execution of critical projects .
c. Communicate clear project and financial objectives and align senior management. Track, measure and report progress ongoing.
d. Maintain timeline and budget planning, management and delivery against spending limits / goals.
e. Maintain and prioritize project resource planning and budgeting cycle.
f. Drive continuous improvement of our project management skills in alignment with our marketing objectives.
- Deliver innovation platforms that drive revenue and profitability and enhance brand equity
a. Manage technical research programs to gain key insights that drive ideation.
b. Develop new product concepts, optimize with consumer and customer feedback, and validate against goals and objectives.
c. Identify business model innovation concepts to drive new growth.
d. Lead NPD project initiation and direct cross-functional project teams thru delivery with reports in Executive review meetings.
- Drive alignment to innovation initiatives and lead their development through commercialization phase.
a. Lead cross-functional project teams for key NPD projects.
b. At each stagegate milestone, deliver strategic and financial summary and recommendation to senior management.
c. Maintain clear, direct accountability for timeline attainment and budget management per objectives set up front.
- Be a leader in the organization.
a. Take a leadership role and model key success behaviors of communication, teamwork, accountability, and results-focus.
b. Raise level of understanding across organization of our innovation possibilities.
c. Be an advocate for diversity, for creating culture of winning, and for compliance with key processes used to govern the business.
- Live the company values on a daily basis.
- Pose no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, or other or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Perform such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Establish and maintain, as stated above, effective working relationships within the department, the corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Requires BSME or equivalent with proven experience in Product Development. Desire extensive experience with new product development. Should have comprehensive knowledge of administrative and project management functions such as planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling.
Requires 5+ years of prior experience in product development and technical knowhow with a track record ofadvancement.
Packaging design and heat / mass transfer knowledge is preferred. This role is specific to our Thermal packaging product line.
TECHNICAL ROLE COMPETENCIES:
- Interpersonal skills and business maturity to work effectively with individuals both internal and external to the company.
- Proven track record in B2B new products, including ideation, concept development with application of engineering rigor and validation, and leading projects through launch to market.
- Results orientation and high degree of initiative, follow-through, and accountability. Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to utilize various personal computer programs within a LAN environment, including spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, project management and database software.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, as well as to analyze problems and make independent judgments to initiate corrective action and resolution.
- Ability to bring creativity to program design and problem-solving.
- Proficiency in statistical / 6-Sigma techniques to drive optimization and problem resolution.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration capabilities.
- Strong task and detail orientation, awareness of urgency in communication, while displaying diplomacy in day-to-day interactions.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Must also develop and deliver high-impact presentations at Senior Management level.
- Results: We are committed to delivering world-class results and value for all our stakeholders. We strive to align communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of exceptional business results.
- Consumer Focused: Our #1 priority is the needs of our consumers – those who purchase our products and help build our Brand equity. As a result, we strive to understand and satisfy current and emerging needs byadding value through meaningful insights, deep consumer relationships, the highest quality products, category expertise, and collaborative services.
- Integrity/Respect: We develop a high level of trust from our Stakeholders by creating and maintaining an environment of integrity and mutual respect through open, honest, and straightforward communication and through operating in the highest ethical and professional manner.
- Teamwork: We support the individual, but encourage a team-driven approach that fosters and rewards creativity, contribution and collaboration.
-T reating each other with integrity, dignity and respect,
-E ncouraging open and honest communication with no boundaries,
-A chieving shared objectives and recognizing team and individual success
-M utual recognition of our cross-functional inter-dependence.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuous improvement is an ingrained culture that uses world class tools and data to challenge the process, develop innovative solutions, and foster growth in everything we do. We learn from our disappointments and build upon our successes to enhance our knowledge and better serve our stakeholders.