Distribution Manager III – Bio-Rad, Inc. – Richmond, CA, USA
Reporting to the Director of America’s Logistics, has overall responsibility for leadership of Bio-Rad’s US Distribution Centers, delivering cost and service results in alignment with the company’s strategy and operating model. Responsibilities include but are not limited to Distribution, inventory control, material handling, import/export, shipping, warehousing for both LSG and CDG US Distribution Centers.
- Manage material flow, storage and global order fulfillment of Finished Goods and Global Spare Parts inventories.
- Ensures inventory balances are accurately managed and reported in both the ERP and EWM/WM systems including cycle counting.
- Proactively respond to internal and external global customer expectations including identifying supply chain improvement opportunities.
- Implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining long and short term results.
- Lead multi-group and/or divisional strategic initiatives and projects, oversee and monitor distribution business performance, identify and pursue global cost reduction/continuous improvement programs.
- Monitor department performance data to identify, avoid or mitigate potential risks and ensure success against organizational objectives.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets and expenses.
- Manage key service providers and ensure supply chain costs are accurate and competitive.
- Develop, prepare, maintain, improve and evaluate Key Management Indicator goals/performance metrics for Distribution operations (Customer Service, Quality, Financial, Labor and Safety).
- Evaluate/reconfigure system functionality and effectiveness to support customer/operational goals.
- Ensure compliance to all Distribution operations related to regulations, procedures and policies: ISO, SOX, USDA, Pharma (FDA), DOT, IATA/ICAO, IMDG, Bureau of Industry and Security, US Customs and customer audits.
- Prepare and lead warehouse improvement plans to advance operational efficiencies.
- Coordinate and lead Quarterly Business Reviews with Senior Management and key Service Providers.
- Negotiate and manage key suppliers and services for Distribution operations.
- Distribution/logistics/warehousing management; preferably managing a unionized workforce and within a regulated, cold chain industry (life science/clinical diagnostics).
- Advanced skills in ERP/WMS/WM distribution/logistics systems and tools.
- Expertise in logistics management and global distribution operations.
- Solid logistics vendor management and negotiations skills.
- Thorough understanding of OSHA and hazardous/dangerous goods regulations and practices (DOT, IATA/ICAO and IMDG).
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven project/program management capabilities.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Master’s degree or equivalent a plus.
- 15+ years of increasingly responsible managerial level experience managing Distribution/Logistics for a multinational/international organization, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.