Director, US Market Access, Immunology – Regeneron – Tarrytown, NY, USA
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
This position is part of the Regeneron Market Access and Pricing organization, which is responsible for US and Ex-US market access, pricing and policy activities; this position will be focused on the US market. Dupilumab is a product which falls in the Sanofi alliance. The Director, US Market Access – Immunology will report to the Sr. Director, Lead, US Market Access, hand will be responsible for recruiting one Associate Director in 2015 to support the initial launch anticipated in 2017. Staffing needs will be reassessed along with additional indications.
The Director will work closely with the Sanofi affiliate partners, as well as Regeneron’s Marketing, Clinical Development, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Publications, Market Research, Trade, Channel Distribution and Medical teams in developing and implementing market access and pricing initiatives that will optimize Dupilumab uptake and profitability in the US.
Regeneron is looking for a Director, US Market Access–Immunology for our IL-4 / IL-13 receptor antibody, Dupilumab, which is a monoclonal antibody being developed for the treatment of atopic dermatitis, allergic asthma, nasal polyps, and potentially other indications. This individual must be able to work closely with the Director Global Market Access to develop and implement US specific product strategies to secure and maintain optimal access and reimbursement for pipeline products/indications in the immunology therapeutic area. Responsibilities include developing the US market access strategic and tactical plans, unbranded campaign, payer value proposition, health economic and outcomes strategies, stakeholder mapping, pricing research, customer engagement plans and other pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities in the product’s life-cycle. The candidate must lead cross-functional teams in the design, development, and execution of these initiatives. Immediate focus will be to prepare for the planned launch in the US for the atopic dermatitis which is expected to be the first biologic entry in the US for this indication.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• In close collaboration with affiliate partners: lead, develop and execute the market access strategic and tactical plan across immunology products and indications, with primary focus on dupilumab.
• Contribute to strategic direction of the immunology therapeutic area through active participation at senior and all levels of management to chart the course for growth and profitability.
• Keep abreast of developments affecting the pricing, reimbursement and market access landscape; develop proactive strategies in anticipation of these trends.
• Understand, analyze and demonstrate the clinical, economic and social value of products to payers, decision-makers and influencers.
• Collect and integrate payer/market insights to inform brand market access strategy; specifically, reimbursement trends, competitive landscape, and current and future therapeutic category management approaches.
• In conjunction with the cross-functional brand team, develop a value proposition, value messaging, dossier and stakeholder engagement plans.
• Develop and launch the atopic dermatitis unbranded campaign in 2016.
• In coordination with market research, publications and HEOR, develop studies to ensure a favorable impact on pricing, reimbursement and market access as well as fast market uptake.
• Effectively translate results of health economics and other research into clear and concise messages for specific internal and external audience consumption that highlight the value of specific products and applications. Partner with HEOR to develop an AMCP value dossier.
• Develop appropriate programs, tools, and communication materials to effectively address payers’ needs to render informed coverage decisions, as well as overall approach to therapeutic class management.
• Work in collaboration with market research, Marketing and HEOR to conduct quantitative and qualitative pricing research to inform a US pricing strategy and recommendation.
• Assess the need and options for innovative pricing and contracting strategies to optimize access and commercial success.
• Work with the cross-functional team to help payers create patient identification and selection for Dupilumab.
• Manage market access agency, third party project partners and financial budget to execute the business plan.
Experience and Required Skills:
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree required with MBA/MHA or other graduate level program preferred.
• 12 or more years of pharmaceutical industry progressive experience to include 7 or more years of payer market access in the specialty products area.
• Deep understanding of and ability to navigate the current and evolving pharmaceutical reimbursement environment in the US critical.
• Product launch experience in market access required.
• Experience with injectable specialty products through cold chain distribution reimbursed under part-D highly desirable.
• Prior biopharma market access experience with high value biologics a plus.
• Experience in dermatology/asthma/immunology/inflammation diseases preferred.
• Experience working across an alliance partnership strongly preferred.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to influence and lobby internal and affiliate decision makers.
• Very good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent clinical, financial, and analytical skills and acumen.
• This position is based in Tarrytown, NY at the Regeneron headquarters
• Travel may be as high as 35%+, includes Sanofi New Jersey Bridgewater location.
The individual right for this job will be motivated to join a highly successful entrepreneurial biotechnology company. This is an opportunity to join a select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. This is an opportunity to step into a senior, highly visible role in a company that is not bureaucratically bound and more importantly to “make a difference,” will be pivotal reasons why the individual wishes to join Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
An attractive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.