Director, Supply Chain (SCM) – Pre IPO bioscience company – Industry, CA, USA
In this senior role, you will be responsible for coordinating all Supply Chain functions for Operations throughout the world. This would include developing, implementing, and executing demand management, procurement management, supplier planning, MRP, capacity planning, master scheduling, logistics, inventory management, and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP).
Essential Job Functions
Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Process design, training and deployment of the Sales and Operations Planning Process.
- Ensure the adherence to the planning process with the Supply Chain organization.
- Adequately set S&OP plan based on inputs, monitoring performance of the system and leading continuous improvement when necessary.
- In conjunction with the Plant Manager, estimate material and labor impacts of S&OP decisions.
- Provide rough cut capacity information for S&OP participants.
- Develop and implement purchasing processes that ensure on-time delivery of components.
- Ensure discipline in following purchasing processes.
- Develop and implement stocking strategies for components to ensure no stockouts while maintaining a disciplined inventory.
- Develop system for using the ERP in Purchasing and maintaining data integrity.
- Strategic sourcing of items and services used throughout the company worldwide.
- Evaluate and improve all aspects for the cold chain shipping of raw material and finished goods
- Develop shipping lanes international in preparation for servicing customers globally (i.e. Canada and Europe).
- Develop long term production and capacity plan.
- Implement detailed scheduling for manufacturing, laboratory services.
- Implement MRP module in the ERP system.
- Work with Finance and Accounting to provide necessary reports and information at month and year end periods
- Analyze supply chain performance and reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain and Logistics Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- CUSP and/or CPI certification a plus
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain.
- A change agent with demonstrated record of improved Supply Chain efficiency and cost savings.
- Developed and managed a Purchasing organization.
- Strong contract negotiation skills while understanding the Quality requirements of an FDA regulated product.
- Strong process improvement skills with experience with ERP/MRP, JIT, Kanban, Lean Six Sigma.
- Strong financial and data analysis skills.