Director, Supply Chain Planning – Illumina, Inc. – San Diego, CA, USA
Develops and implements the company’s strategic direction for the Inventory Management of Finished Goods including the Distribution Planning. ILMN operates in a Toll Manufacturing model where inventory is owned by Toll organization in the UK. Through the Distribution Planning team, the Director of Global Supply Planning role is to determine where in the distribution network inventory should be stocked and at what level based on the overarching goals of service level attainment and inventory investment as direct by the Toll function. This person is also responsible for the business process development and execution of the distribution planners who allocate the inventory across the globe. Through the Inventory Control and Management team, this role is responsible for Global Inventory forecasting, reporting and analytics along with the inventory reserve process. This role will work closely with the Master Schedulers in the Toll Manufacturing structure, Demand Planning, Distribution sites, New Product Planners, and the Centers of Execution in the factories, Finance and Customer Service. Develops a team of supply chain professionals. Builds the foundation and infrastructure to grow at 20%+ year.
All About You
• Based on Service Level objectives determine the appropriate finished goods inventory stocking strategy including quantities and locations.
Work closely with the Toll Manufacturing team on inventory investments at finished goods level
Through team drive the inventory analysis, forecasting and reserves process globally
Develop the distribution network strategy in partnership with the Director of Warehousing and Logistics
• Through team, executes the movement of finished goods through the distribution network in SAP.
• Through team, work closely with the Development group, Commodity Managers, and Manufacturing to successful launch new products.
• Coach and develop team
• Maintain reports to reflect scheduling, methods, support performance and process procedures.
• Report on Backorder status and product availability
• Create sustainable and robust processes along with appropriate metrics, measurements and goals.
• Set vision and direction for team.
• Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Must have 12+ years experience in Supply Chain 7+ years of supervisory experience.
Cold chain and Diagnostic experience highly preferred
• Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
• In-depth knowledge of ERP/MRP systems (SAP preferred). Kinaxis Rapid Response experience beneficial
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently.
• Excellent math skills, strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
• APICs certification desirable.
• Experience with Lean Supply Chain and six-sigma desirable
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field required. Graduate degree a plus.