Director Supply Chain Management Logistics – Roche – San Francisco, CA, USA
S/He is responsible for leading Logistics and Trade Management activities within Regional Supply Chain North America. Develops, recommends, and implements strategies, business objectives, and policies for Logistics and Trade Compliance in alignment with Roche Global Technical Operations, and other key stakeholder strategies and requirements. In addition, serves as the NA Regional Lead for global initiatives. In these roles, the incumbent collaborates with the Global Team in setting Global Objectives and is responsible for setting priorities, allocating staff, maintaining subject matter expertise, and defining and implementing projects and capabilities within the Region in support of these global initiatives.
- Directs and manages Logistics and Trade Compliance activities for Genentech:
> Directs the planning, organization, and coordination of Transportation Carrier Management, Import/Export operations and Trade Compliance projects, activities and goals to ensure quality and cost effective services, compliance with cGMP, Company policies and all applicable regulatory and safety requirements.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of domestic transportation strategy, policies and routing strategies and provides oversight and guidance to carrier selection, implementation evaluation, negotiation, and management. Oversees the selection and management of freight payment providers and transportation software providers (in conjunction with key stakeholders such as Procurement, Global Logistics, Informatics, etc.).
- Responsible for NA Regional Import/Export department(s) providing direction and oversight to inbound and outbound practices, staffing and business process management, broker and transportation provider management as well as related compliance with domestic and international regulations.
- Develops and executes NA Regional Logistics Strategy in support of NA Regional Supply Chain business requirements and aligned to Global Logistics strategies and guidance. This includes analysis of supply chain, definition and implementation of process and operational improvements and initiatives to drive improvements and monitor performance, as well as business process ownership and management of the effective flow of goods. The scope includes the acquisition, flow and storage of goods within the NA supply chain network, leading up to delivery of finished goods to the Distribution Network.
- Maintains an awareness of industry and regulatory trends with regard to cGMPs, global transportation, import/export and safety regulations, and incorporates necessary changes into GT policies, operations, and business objectives.
> Trade Compliance
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and management of the Export Control Initiative, as well as maintenance of the Importer Self Assessment and Customs-Trade Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) programs
- Responsible for setting Regional priorities, defining projects, allocating staff and implementing projects and processes Regional practices are consistent with Global project requirements.
- Responsible for developing and executing communication plans to key stakeholders relating to import/export objectives and Regional plans and activities.
- Responsible for maintaining expertise in Regional regulatory requirements and processes and pro-actively communicating them to the Global Team to ensure awareness, alignment and compliance.
> Temperature Controlled Supply Chain Initiative
- Oversee the NA participation in the Global Expert Team (GET)
- Serves as member of Global Core Team when appropriate and shares responsibility for setting direction, priorities, projects and communication strategies globally.
- May lead the implementation of projects, ex GETCool II, to ensure alignment with key Global initiatives.
- Responsible for maintaining Regional KPI’s to monitor Regional performance as well as Regional responsibility for maintaining Cold Chain Matrix management, gap analysis and projects consistent with closing gaps and ensuring compliance.
- Responsible for support role in development of Global Training materials and developing and executing plans for Regional training efforts to cascade training.
> Tamiflu Global Pandemic Task Force
- Responsible for domestic distribution and transportation plan and execution in support of Tamiflu Pandemic efforts.
- Responsible for development, implementation and management of distribution and transportation plan for World Health Organization, WHO, Rapid Response initiative in response to WHO global deployments of Tamiflu, including selection and management of applicable 3PL’s, DC infrastructure readiness and tactical management of specific international tenders.
Job Location and Scope:
Directly supervises 2 managers and 2 individual contributors; provides indirect supervision for ~10 employees. Job is located in SSF.