Director of Sales, Cold Chain Packaging – Mesa Labs – Lakewood, CO, USA
The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage and support the Cold Chain packaging sales team, projects and opportunities, and to help in the coordination of all marketing activities for the US market in order to generate leads for the sales team. This role is accountable for the complete Cold Chain Packaging sales and project management cycle from helping in creating quotations, technical support coordination and help closing opportunities.
The position requires working closely with a Mesa internal team made up of packaging test laboratory, production, engineering, procurement, marketing and customer service to effectively meet the customer’s needs, develop and present marketing collateral, eliminate roadblocks and generate sales. The successful candidate must be able to work closely with current and potential customers, the sales team and the internal team at Mesa to develop and implement new products, product enhancements, innovative strategies and generate sales to meet Mesa Labs growth objectives.
Previous experience in the Cold Chain Packaging Sales Management is a must have requirement. Must be fluent in discussions on principles of Cold Chain regulations and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the US sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organisation’s presence throughout United States.
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion program plans.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organisation and control of sales representatives to accomplish specific objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, cyclical sales meetings, sales newsletters and electronic bulletins.
- Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales objectives.
- Personally observe the performance of sales representatives in the field on a regular basis.
- Provide high standards of ongoing training for the sales representatives so that they possess sufficient technical knowledge to present information on the company’s products in an accurate and balanced manner.
- Use NetSuite CRM and Linked-In Sales Navigator to organize sales cycles, build customer relationships, and analyze sales history and sales performance to plan.
- Advise Product Management Team on product features/road map to coordinate with upcoming customer requirements.
- Coordinates sales effort with sales team, marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyzes the market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Plans and organizes sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment.
- Work closely with and help train the current Mesa Labs sales team to grow the cold chain packaging sales in United States.
- Must possess 5 years of experience in Cold Chain packaging sales management, preferably in the Healthcare or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Candidates with a degree in business administration and/ or solid experience managing in the Industrial and pharmaceutical industries with experience in Cold Chain Packaging will have a distinct advantage in application for this position. A 4-year degree is required.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving; ability to manage a sales team and activities to generate leads and sales.
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills English
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and ideally NetSuite.
- Valid driver’s license and current US Passport.
Position based in USA.