Director of Global Supply Chain Planning – Illumina, Inc. – San Diego, CA, USA
Develops and implements the company’s strategic direction for global supply chain planning and the Inventory Management of Finished Goods including Distribution Planning.
- Through partnering with Commercial Demand Planning team and the Supply Centers of Execution, this role will drive best practice demand planning, MPS, inventory target setting, and production planning/scheduling processes.
- Role serves as a leader for the Sales and Operations Planning process, leading key inputs to the process and taking strategic direction for execution.
- Through the Distribution Planning team, the Director of Global Supply Planning role is to determine where in the distribution network inventory should be stocked and at what level based on the overarching goals of service level attainment and inventory investment.
- This person is also responsible for the business process development and execution of the distribution planners who allocate the inventory across the globe.
- Through the Inventory Control and Management team, this role is responsible for Global Inventory forecasting/budgeting, global inventory control policies, reporting and analytics along with the inventory reserve process.
- Through the End of Life/Master Data team, this role is responsible for driving a standard EOL process and master data management processes across the company.
- Finally, this role will be responsible for driving global production capacity planning and allocation process. This role will work closely with the Master Schedulers , Demand Planning, Distribution sites, New Product Planners, and the Centers of Execution in the factories, Finance and Customer Service.
- Develops a team of supply chain professionals.
- Builds the foundation and infrastructure to grow at 20%+ year.
All About You
- Based on Service Level objectives determine the appropriate finished goods inventory stocking strategy including quantities and locations and execute movements with DRP team. Work closely with the leadership team on inventory investments at finished goods level.
- Drive best practices globally in demand planning, master production scheduling, inventory target setting, production planning, and production scheduling.
- Strategic leader within the Sales and Operations Planning process.
- Drive global inventory forecasting/budgeting, inventory control policies, inventory reserve process, and inventory management KPIs/reporting.
- Drive global production capacity planning and allocation process.
- Drive EOL and master data processes globally.
- Support the Director of Logistics in developing global distribution network strategy, owning master data structure for execution of inventory to sales orders.
- Through team, work closely with the Development group, Commodity Managers, and Manufacturing to successful launch new products.
- Coach and develop team. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Maintain reports to reflect scheduling, methods, support performance and process procedures.
- Drive to root cause/corrective action on material availability issues
- Create sustainable and robust processes along with appropriate metrics, measurements and goals.
- Set vision and direction for team.
- Must have 12+ years’ experience in Supply Chain 7+ years of supervisory experience.
- Cold chain and Diagnostic experience.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field required. Graduate degree a plus.