Director, Global Supply Chain – Promega Corporation – Madison, WI, USA
Plans and directs all aspects of Global Logistics, Planning, Customer Service, Product Finishing. Creates an integrated global supply chain strategy that supports organizational objectives. Develops plans, priorities and systems to efficiently utilize all resources (equipment and personnel) in functional area. Meets all objectives for inventory and service expectations in area of responsibility. Plans and implements process improvement activities to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
1. Provide technical and managerial leadership in areas of responsibility. Develop and implement short, mid and long-term logistics and supply chain strategies with specific objectives to elevate service level, optimize cost and lead time while maximizing internal and external customer satisfaction. In addition where possible strive to minimize environmental impacts
2. Ensure robust product supply chain including end-to-end internal and external supply chain management within full compliance with all local and international requirements and regulations through oversight of all Supply Chain operations, process improvements, projects and issues.
3. Develop product supply plans in alignment with safety stock strategies. Ensure the uninterrupted supply of products within the product forecast and budget parameters for internal and external customers.
4. Meet regularly, either in-person or via video or phone with the branches to discuss and continually improve logistical and supply chain support to the branches.
5. Help establish the master production schedule and/or overall demand planning and KPI measurements. Develop and optimize global supply chain concepts in conjunction with global supply chain business partners through appropriate KPI and other metrics relevant to each Promega branch.
6. Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and control systems within areas of responsibility. Reinforce functional capabilities of SAP, CRM, and other systems required to deliver the achievement of budgeted targets.
7. Key contact for internal and/or external customers for escalation and resolution of issues in production, supply, quality or joint team alignment.
8. Perform strategic planning, budgeting and operations planning within areas of responsibility.
9. Maintain ongoing analysis of key issues, projects, and goals, and develop appropriate improvement plans. Provide regular updates to supervisor and business areas as needed.
10. Maintain effective interdepartmental communication and timely follow-up to assure that all manufacturing and corporate objectives are met.
11. Develop departmental goals that support the strategic goals of Operations and the entire company.
12. Regularly review staff and provide appropriate coaching, mentoring, training, and feedback. Lead, coach, and mentor direct reports and staff to ensure alignment with their role and responsibilities. Ensure that staff effectively communicates with their respective business and supply partners (locally and internationally).
13. Review needs and provide training opportunities for staff to develop job-related skills, to improve operational flexibility and to meet their personal and professional growth needs, while aligning with and supporting the strategic needs of the business.
14. Establish and implement appropriate quality, safety, and housekeeping standards in all areas of responsibility.
15. Manage the logistics of freezer programs, including the global distribution facilities.
16. Participate in and/or lead cross-functional project teams addressing global supply chain and logistics issues.
17. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business, domestically and internationally.
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced level coursework in logistics, supply chain, statistics or business or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum 15 years operations, supply chain, and logistics experience.
3. Management experience, including 10 years managing through multiple subordinate managers.
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage cross-functional teams.
5. Effective communication and conflict-resolution skills. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and provide flexible and agile leadership to implement solutions to complex problems using the best available technology.
6. Business orientation and acumen: fast and assertive decision-making based on analytical thinking in a highly dynamic, changing environment.
7. Proven ability to build effective and high performing teams.
1. International or global supply chain experience with an emphasis on distribution.
2. Cold Chain and/or life science products experience.
3. Familiarity with SAP, and Microsoft CRM.
1. Ability to be accessible by staff, customers, outside vendors and key stakeholders as required. This may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
2. Ability to work with computers for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to lift 25 lbs.
4. Ability to drive.
5. Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.