Country Industry Vertical Sales Manager, Healthcare – Panalpina – Morristown, NJ, USA
The Panalpina Group is one of the world’s leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 80 countries, and employs around 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Country Industry Vertical Sales Manager, Healthcare to Perform sales activities within Healthcare vertical in line with the sales plan Objectives.
- Manage and control sales activities within the industry vertical.
- Develop existing and new customers within the industry vertical.
- Foster and implement specific industry know-how and support local sales team with industry expertise when required.
- Utilize specific industry knowledge to diagnose supply chain needs.
- Respond to customer requests for proposals, quotes and information.
- Coordinate sales activities for assigned accounts with the Industry Vertical Manager (Heathcare) of the USA.
- Assure successful account implementation with Operations, Customer Service or Local Account Manager.
- Establish guidelines and standards, implementation processes, customer Standard Operating Procedures, reporting frequency and formats, and Key Performance Indicators for new accounts.
- Ensure that pricing and services offered to all relevant accounts are in line with “best in class”.
- Functional know-how in air freight, ocean, logistics, forwarding or brokerage
- Knowledge of forwarding and supply chain management systems
- In-depth knowledge of the “Healthcare” Industry
- Experience in and understanding of “cold chain” products and services
- Good market knowledge (customers, competitors, suppliers, overall environment)
- Business administration competence
- Able to manage cross-functional interfaces (Operations and Internal Service Providers)
- Organizational skills (prioritize, plan, assign, delegate and control)
- Capable of independently meeting expected sales goals in the assigned territories.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving & Decision Making Skills
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation & Persuasion Skills
- Relationship building and maintenance capabilities
- Presentation Skills
- Fluent in English
- Knowlege of other language a plus