Cold Chain Project Manager | Bayer Healthcare | Berkeley, CA
- Manage Cold Chain distribution projects including thermal packaging design, development, and implementation.
- Act as Project Manager and technical expert in cross-functional Cold Chain Operational Excellence team. Remain on forefront of emerging cold chain distribution industry practices.
- This function coordinates and makes daily decisions which effect the operations for all International customer shipments for site. The incumbent is responsible for working with Product Supply, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance, Quality Assurance, and Auditing to ensure planned and predictable distribution services are provided to internal and external customers. This function is critical to the overall results of inventory integrity, and supply chain management.
- Ensure the safe, secure, and cost efficient movement of Biological products within the Global Supply Chain Biotech.
- Demonstrated Cold Chain and International Transportation industry knowledge will be required.
- Conduct vulnerability analysis for goods in transit, taking into account such factors as risk, impact, and criticality.
- Responsible for assuring that opportunities for operational process improvements and supply chain cost reductions are identified, evaluated, quantified, presented to upper management, and implemented as applicable.
- Develop and execute project plans and manage appropriately to meet changing needs and requirements of Cold Chain Biotech supply and handling.
- Manage day to day aspects of projects and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support the business in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Provide valuable information related to the project status in a timely and effective manner
Cold Chain Management
- Lead the development, approval, and execution of cold chain shipping solutions to support worldwide shipping and distribution of Biotech products through collaboration with QA, Compliance, and Validation personnel.
- Serve as technical expert for all aspects of cold chain packaging and shipping.
- Assess temperature protection requirements for BHC Biologics products and work cross-functionally to implement solutions. This would include managing the relationship with Cold Chain suppliers and inventory of materials at the distribution centers.
- Provide support for shipping validation activities. Drive Cold Chain Operational Excellence initiatives and lead implementation of enhanced processes and solutions.
- Assist in the resolution of in transit temperature discrepancies.
Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence
- Collect, assemble, analyze freight cost data and make recommendations regarding air, parcel, ocean, and road freight options for both existing and new shipping solutions.
- Create reports and analyze transportation data obtained from various sources to improve performance.
Works on extremely complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables. Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance and oversee the activities of other lower level personnel.
- This position will be responsible to coordinate efforts between multiple BHC international affiliates. This requires superior relationship management as you are often times dealing with other functions and/or business units.
- Provide leadership in project and change management while leading continuous improvement efforts that impact Logistics / Transportation Operations
- You will be responsible for identifying and resolving product protection issues which may include regulatory requirements and product integrity requirements.
- These issues must be resolved resourcefully without alienating the parties involved. This position will work to identify and implement new technologies and services to respond to the needs of internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of related experience or 5-8 years related experience in a regulated export customer operations environment.
- Packaging Engineering degree or experience a plus
- Experience with Change Management in a GMP environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required, with a high level of professionalism in dealing with the scope of a global customer base.
- Ability to proactively and independently develop and implement solutions for Cold Chain Distribution.
- Must be flexible, innovative, persistent and committed to the successful completion of their assignments.
- Proficiency in negotiations and technical problem solving is required to interact with various departments, divisions, and vendors to resolve issues and achieve goals. Sensitivity to people is required, as there are extensive dealings with people of varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Position requires strong problem solving, and decision making and communication skills. Influencing techniques and process innovation skills with the ability to develop relationships and manage data is required.
- A working knowledge of materials requirements planning and computer information systems is required.