Cold Chain Pckg Engineer Project Manager – Bayer – Berkeley, CA, USA
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Global Logistics & Customer Service
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now.
Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Position purpose (A brief statement indicating the basic purpose of the position):
Develop and execute project plans and manage appropriately to meet changing needs and requirements of Cold Chain Biotech supply and handling.
Major tasks and responsibilities of position (max. 8 key topics):
- Manage day to day aspects of projects and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support the business in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Provide valuable information related to the project status in a timely and effective manner.
Cold Chain Management:
- Lead the development, approval, and execution of cold chain shipping solutions to support world wide shipping and distribution of Biotech products through collaboration with QA, Compliance, and Validation personnel.
- Serve as technical expert for all aspects of cold chain packaging and shipping.
- Assess temperature protection requirements for Biologics products and work cross-functionally to implement solutions. This would include managing the relationship with Cold Chain suppliers and inventory of
materials at the distribution centers.
- Provide support for shipping validation activities. Drive Cold Chain Operational Excellence initiatives and lead implementation of enhanced processes and solutions.
- Assist in the resolution of in transit temperature discrepancies.
- Determine appropriate modal requirements based on shipment size, weight, temperature requirement, and destination.
- Develop and manage cold chain distribution budget.
Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence.
- Collect, assemble, analyze freight cost data and make recommendations regarding air, parcel, ocean, and road freight options for both existing and new shipping solutions.
- Create reports and analyze transportation data obtained from various sources to improve performance.
- Develop, maintain, and improve Transportation processes across multiple functions and / or business units for all passive and active solutions for all Biotech products.
- Provide leadership, experience, and knowledge to diverse team consisting of middle and senior management.
- Technical expertise and management in implementing projects supporting customer initiatives in areas such as Cold Chain Distribution.
Packaging expert for a global supply chain, responsible for the effective shipment of product to the patient.
Works with various levels in the organization. Driving results in a global supply chain, interacts with external vendors.
Qualifications (Education, skills, experiences and personal characteristics necessary for success
in this position):
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging engineering and 4 years of related experience or 8-10 years related experience in a regulated export customer operations environment.
- Demonstrated Cold Chain and International Transportation industry knowledge will be required.
- Experience with Change Management in a GMP environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required, with a high level of professionalism in dealing with the scope of a global customer base.
- Ability to proactively and independently develop and implement solutions for Cold Chain Distribution.
- Must be flexible, innovative, persistent and committed to the successful completion of their assignments.
- Proficiency in negotiations and technical problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to interact with various departments, divisions, and vendors to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Ability to work with people of varying cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to influence others and to develop relationships .
- Demonstrated process innovation skills and ability to manage data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials requirements planning and computer information systems