Cold Chain Packaging Engineer (Contract) – 180 recruiting + consulting – Cleveland, OH, USA
Responsibilities for Cold Chain Packaging Engineer:
- Participate in cross-functional teams to develop shipping solutions that meet expanding business needs.
- Will serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on all packaging related to cold chain shipping, to include both warm and cold weather profiles.
- Apply engineering and project-management principles to develop and qualify thermal packaging systems based on ASTM and ISTA Brochure 20 & 7D/7E Standards.
- The individual has responsibility to lead the development of thermal shipping systems, perform technical assessment and studies, and write technical reports, manuals, specifications, and SOPs with minimal supervision.
- Manage collaborative relationships with internal customers and external partners, and is expected to support new product certification.
- Must organize and manage the databases shared with Package Engineering
- Must develop and manage the thermal package request, design, and testing and certification process workflow.
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally as-needed.
Requirements for Cold Chain Packaging Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree & 2 years of Thermal Packaging experience OR Associate’s degree & 5 years of Thermal Packaging experience AND ISTA 7E Certified Thermal Professional Level II OR ISTA 7E Certified Thermal Professional Level I & 2 years of ISTA 7E Package Design and Testing Experience.
- Work experience in the cold chain packaging industry. Specifically, thermal packaging design and testing according to ASTM and ISTA Brochure 20 & 7D/7E Standards.
- Demonstrated success in manufacturing or supply-chain areas with strong fundamental knowledge on thermal packaging systems and packaging engineering.
- Demonstrated organizational, project management, technical problem-solving and (written & verbal) communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in technical presentation, issue organization, and analytical problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a multitude of tasks concurrently.
- Experience in project-management.