Cold Chain Logistics Specialist – AmerisourceBergen – New Hyde Park, NY, USA
To provide support to customer service and operations by overseeing cold chain management, create reference material, and monitor key accounts. Provide technical support to our sales team. Under moderate supervision of the Active Systems Manager or other supervisory/management level positions within the facility, is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction by providing World Courier customers with courteous, professional and efficient service at all times.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Flexibility in work schedule – 24 hour company will require overtime, holiday scheduling, and weekend shifts as necessary.
- Demonstrating professionalism on the phone and in the office.
- Providing Excellent Customer Service to internal and external clients.
- Working together as a team with all departments and offices.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations to Supervisor/Manager in an effort to continually improve customer service operations.
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Assisting in the training of new employees.
- Proficiency in World Courier systems (WorldSTAR, BioSTAR, OpSTAR, OptiView, etc.)
- A subject matter expert in 50+ WC operational SOP’s.
- A subject matter expert as it relates to temperature control and packaging.
- Running daily and weekly client activity reports.
- Answering any urgent emails and follow ups from clients (ie: temperature excursions).
- Downloading results directly from TT4 monitor bin, analyzing the TT results, preparing reports, saving results in Optiview, emailing information to clients and/or informing the billing station via WorldSTAR note.
- Extracting the TT results from Optiview that were entered into the jobs by other offices, analyzing, and emailing information to clients as required.
- Recycling TT monitors after 2 years of storage.
- Actioning WorldSTAR notes from the Techsupp screen to Representatives.
- Monitoring and updating the 840 log.
- Formulating and analyzing monthly client activity reports.
- Updating flight sheets and the standard flight browser (WS Screen 20).
- Updating / maintaining the Cold Chain Management Checklist.
- Updating the Replenishment Instructions for the Packaging Guide document (as needed).
- College education and /or industry experience preferred.
- Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through a combination of experience and education. Normally requires two (2) to four (4) years directly related experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude & self-motivated
- Good decision making skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with World Courier services and operations
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Sensitech software
- Strong typing/data entry skills