Cold Chain Industry Packaging Professional – ACH Foam Technologies – Kansas City, KS, USA
ACH Foam Technologies is seeking an Industrial Packaging Engineer. All candidates must be proficient in design software that is specific to the packaging industry including CAD and Solid Works.
As the engineer, you will work with customers to provide solutions for packaging needs by designing custom fabricated and shape molded expanded polystyrene (EPS) parts. The packaging engineer reports to the VP of Sales.
- Work closely with marketing department to develop ideas into conception
- Work with Operations to determine production capabilities
- Design and develop new products in concert with sales and operations
- Develop and design new packages or improved packages to meet standards of quality, function and cost.
- Lead the design, testing and R&D of all DuraTherm and DuraTherm PLUS cold chain packaging which includes all existing products and future design development.
- Working with specification and descriptive materials for new packages and ways to improve existing packages. May include drawing, writing, computerization and verification.
- Troubleshooting and problem analysis related to production products and materials.
- Using computers and software, including those programs and applications specific to the packaging industry.
- Bringing packaging into compliance with new quality methods and standards, government, industry and corporate regulations and guidelines.
- Use Solid Works and Auto CAD to design dimensional drawings for custom EPS packaging based on the customer’s needs and specifications.
- Understands EPS applications and production capabilities.
- Serve as a point of contact for customer correspondence regarding packaging design projects.
- Create samples and prototypes for customer review or quality testing.
- Work with outside sales, operations managers and other department personnel to coordinate custom packaging projects.
- A college degree in packaging design, engineering required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in packaging design.
- Project management experience preferred
- Traveling to user or supplier facilities, corporate manufacturing sites, warehouses etc. in support of projects.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-pace environment
- Self-motivated and quality driven
- Excellent math, logic, and computation skills
- Good understanding of manufacturing operations and equipment
- Employment contingent on passing a pre-employment drug screen, a DMV screen, and a criminal background check
ACH Foam Technologies is recognized as a leader in Expanded Polystyrene manufacturing. With facilities across the U.S., ACH Foam Technologies’ financial strength and intellectual property brings innovation to the manufacturing processes. A great work environment with a talented, experienced team and exciting opportunities are waiting to be taken advantage of. More company information can be found at .
ACH Foam Technologies offers competitive pay based on experience and qualifications and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, paid vacation and paid holidays.