Cold Chain Active Systems Specialist | AmerisourceBergen | New Hyde Park, NY, USA
World Courier designs world-class logistics and supply chain programs in complete alignment with customers’ business goals. With 2,000+ associates across 50+ countries in 140+ company-owned offices, World Courier delivers ultimate peace of mind for the transport and storage of time- and temperature-sensitive products. For more than 45 years, only World Courier has delivered the unsurpassed knowledge, global reach and flawless supply chain execution needed to become the most trusted specialty logistics company in the world.
General Summary: To monitor all aspects of All Active Units
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing quotes to clients / World Courier offices for active temperature control units.
- Determine correct unit / size to fly on an acceptable airline.
- Ordering Active Unit from Manufacturer or Airline provider.
- Confirm return location and applicable costs associated to return
- Booking Active Units with airlines. o
Creates jobs corresponding with shippers through email or phone and arranging rental of units.
- Calculate the ambient temperature and travel time to determine the dry ice amounts needed
for: Testing, Actual Pick UP, Transit, Destination and Replenishment.
- Arrange origin and destination drives with correct sized truck with proper temperature control.
- Monitoring temperature regulation of shipment from pickup through delivery.
- Coordinating with operational departments for pickup of empty container and transfers of shipment.
- Liaising between operations, sales and clients.
- Troubleshooting any problems that arise throughout the transit of the Containers.
- Reviewing and create documentation for importing and exporting the Containers.
- Monitoring inbound shipment for other World Courier offices, and ensuring that other US offices are maintaining the temperatures.
- Reviewing temperature monitor results, and investigating / reporting any excursions. o
List charges for all billable and non-billable Active Unit Jobs o
Logs each Active Unit Job with company name an unit Tally monthly totals Scans and inputs all quote and worksheets into a shared folder for the active team
- Compile Active unit customer data and maintain logs
- Available 24/7 for assistance.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two year associate’s degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires less than four (2) years directly related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Previous experience with cold chain management preferred
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge of worldwide logistics
- Ability to work flexible a schedule including afternoon/evening/ weekends
Organization : World Courier
Job : Administrative Jobs
Schedule : Full-time
Primary Location : United States-New York-New Hyde Park