Business Development Rep. – American Aerogel – Rochester, NY, USA
We have partnered with CSOR to add 3 BDR’s to our exciting Inside Sales Team, which will utilize CSOR’s unique business model designed for success in our Rochester, NY office.
Start you career in Sales – Entry level sales position with no experience necessary! We will train you! A comprehensive, hands-on sales training program is provided, giving you the tools you need to be successful, with growth potential and significant upside reward.
The ideal candidate will be a recent college graduate, or have up to 2 years of work experience. The candidate must have a fun and engaging personality, competitive work ethic and be comfortable learning and adopting new technologies. The candidate must possess the desire to work and succeed in a high volume prospecting and sales operation. This job is ideally suited to someone who is interested in building a long-term career in sales and business development. Candidates will work in a highly collaborative, team environment that provides growth potential and significant upside reward. No sales or technology experience is required. A comprehensive training program is provided.
A unique open concept work environment (no cubicles)! Work with likeminded individuals with a fun and engaging personality, competitive, yet collaborative work ethic and the desire to work hard and succeed in a high volume sales operation.
What you will do:
- Researching prospective organizations that can benefit from American Aerogel products and services, while identifying decision-makers in those organizations; calling those prospects and engaging in conversations designed to discover sales opportunities;
- Gain commitment from prospects to attend a brief web-based product demo. Work with your team leader to uncover sales opportunities, manage the sales process, and close business.
- Consistently meet and exceed goals
Key Selection Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- New College Grad with 0-2 years work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people successfully, either in person or over the phone, to lead or persuade, overcome challenges, and organize activity
- Disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success
- Ability to take direction, be coached and mentored
- Strong web and computer skills: MS Office, Salesforce.com desirable
Ideal Personal Profile:
- Enthusiastic, disciplined and hard-working individual, strong work ethic, hands-on
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution, persuasion and negotiating skills
- Must be an excellent listener, and have the ability to learn new concepts
About American Aerogel
American Aerogel develops and manufactures performance-leading aerogel-based insulation products currently used in thermal packaging systems for the transportation of temperature-sensitive products.
American Aerogel founders initiated research in 1999 and successfully perfected the process to manufacture organic monolith aerogels. In 2008, the company built its first pilot line and in 2011 completed a major expansion of its manufacturing facility. With multiple subsequent expansions since then, American Aerogel is committed to growing and keeping up with its customer’s needs in this rapidly expanding market.
Base Pay + Variable Bonus