BioPharma Supply Chain Manager – Laguna Source – San Diego, CA, USA
This is an exciting position responsible for developing and implementing strategic process planning activities for pharmaceutical and biopharma manufacturing. You will be responsible for strategically assessing a biologics supply chain distributed among multiple production sites. You will be responsible for performing the following activities:
- Developing and implementing strategic supply chain and cold chain processes supporting biologics manufacturing operations.
- Integrating financial data from the supply chain in order to optimize the balance between costs and outputs.
- Analyzing long term manufacturing requirements for drug substance storage capacities.
- Leading monthly Sales and Operations planning meetings.
- Represent the Global Supply Chain organization at Manufacturing Launch team, Quality, Finance, and Regulatory meetings.
- Analyzing biologics supply chain networks integral in the manufacturing of cGMP clinical and commercial BioPharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical products including monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins.
- Working with internal departments including Process Development, Process Engineering, Quality, and Finance units to gather and interpret business requirements for biologic materials.
- Leading and supporting team members of Biologics and Chemicals Sourcing teams.
- Utilizing ERP and Supply Chain systems including SAP, Business Warehouse, and Manugistics for budgeting, controlling and estimating raw material inventory levels and ordering supplies at appropriate intervals.
- BS in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain
Management, Engineering, or related field- MBA or MS degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Pharma, BioPharma, BioPharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical
or Biotechnology industry supply chain experience working on
manufacturing pharmaceuticals, Biologics, Biopharma, monoclonal
antibody, or recombinant protein products.
- Experience managing biologics manufacturing cold chain activities.
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems with expertise in SAP.
- Experience driving continuous improvements utilizing Six Sigma methodologies.
- APICS, CPIM, or CPM certifications a plus.
- Expertise working within cGMP compliance.
About the Company:
The position is within a top West Coast BioPharma company that is rapidly growing its development pipeline and commercial product line. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop a promising pipeline of monoclonal antibody and recombinant protein therapeutic products. A comprehensive benefits package is offered with this position.