Audit Compliance Analyst Associate – Sanofi – Westborough, MA, USA
Supply Chain Operations-Trade Management is a regulatory compliant services operation that is responsible for implementing and ensures the corporation is following internal controls for all import/export activities. Trade Management’s role is to ensure that the flow of imports/export operations is not compromised due to lack of compliance or reasonable care. Ensures that the corporation is meeting its responsibilities as an importer/exporter and is complying with all trade and regulatory obligations and regulations established by Customs and other government agencies involved for import/export activities. Supply Chain Operations is also responsible for Hazardous Materials determination, tracking Import/Export of clinical shipments and other Value-Added Services.
Trade Management is a regulatory compliant global services operation that works in cooperation with internal partners, external suppliers and transportation service providers to facilitate the movement of goods with the identification of carriers, carrier requirements, rates, metrics and freight payment. We comply with IATA, DOT, ISO, cGMP and all local and country-specific government regulations regarding the domestic transportation, exportation and importation of materials.
- To ensure Corporation complies with all government regulations regarding the domestic transportation, exportation, and importation of clinical materials. Ensures corporation complies with US Customs and US Department of Commerce, under the Bureau of Industry and Security, regulations and requirements for all import/export activities. Ensures to follow the established company-wide customs policies.
- Plans, schedules, and routes inbound and outbound domestic and international shipments of freight, using knowledge of regulations, tariffs, and company policy. Provides guidance to all logistics services users at all sites and business units to ensure company complies with all government regulations regarding imports, exports and hazardous goods. Facilitates and identification of carriers, carrier requirements, rates, metrics, and freight payment.
- Responsible for all R&D import transactions under the legal entity, Sanofi US Services. Supports and provides guidance to the Sanofi R&D and clinical group as the main point of contact. Strong interface with clinical sites to anticipate any impact to supply chain while maintaining customers’ expectations.
- Responsible for all communication with CBP and Customs Brokers for all Sanofi US Services related import activities.
- Responsible for preparation or modification of Sanofi US Services import documentations as required.
- Responsible for submitting Sanofi US Services USDA, CDC, CITIES and Fish & Wildlife permits and/or guidelines requirements and applications
- Coordinate information with internal customers and monitoring of existing permits
- Provide support to the Sanofi ITC group for documentation needed to reconciliation process under ITC.
- Provide assistance with OFAC and Export Licensing for Sanofi US Services as required.
- Involved in more complex lanes
- Evaluates the lane, understand the supplier, determine product requirements, payment terms, performs risks analysis
- Requests and reviews documentation from the supplier
- Provides guidance to other sites on global shipments outside of their responsibility
- May develop supply chain maps
- Evaluates danger level of shipment and prepares document to notify shipper of applicable packaging requirements
- Researches, evaluates, and analyzes the valuation methodology
- Negotiates with shipper on valuation methodology
- May design and develop data composition within a system
- Manages a variety of projects via project life cycle
- May design and develop solutions and enhancements to support business need identification
- Typical minimum education and experience required is Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience. Master’s degree and 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Basic knowledge, execution and application of Supply Chain principles and practices, Supply Chain networks and financial impacts including logistics, transportation, trade management/compliance and cold chain monitoring
- Ability to anticipate problems or issues and take preventive action
- Strong information gathering and analytical skills to enable mitigation of risk (transportation, security, product, financial) and negative impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adjust to changing work priorities and unplanned events
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and direction