Associate Director, North America Commercial Logistics – Biogen – Cambridge, MA, USA
Leads a team of 3-5 logistics and trade professionals responsible for uninterrupted, cost effective movement and delivery of goods throughout the Supply Chain. Provides expertise and implements standardized processes to maximize quality and reliability while reducing transportation costs and increasing customer satisfaction. Challenging and highly visible role that oversees the flow of goods, services and information throughout the commercial supply chain including intra-company movement, distribution and customer service function.
• Establishes and maintains distribution, transportation and warehouse budgetary goals (2015 budget $ 10M).
• Manages the development and productivity of the team members to ensure goal alignment, training, professional development and project requirements are met. Coach and mentors individuals and provides career development.
• Partners closely with US Commercial team regarding finished good distribution to customers. Identifies and drives continuous improvement to support the dynamic and growing business environment.
• Works closely with Supply Chain Planning, Internal and External Manufacturing on drug substance and drug product moves.
• Encourages global alignment across logistics functions. Develops, maintains and optimizes local processes, procedures, metrics and reporting capabilities necessary to manage the E2E flow of goods and information effectively and efficiently.
• Directs and manages all domestic, US import and export operations
• Analyzes the financial and operational impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes product volumes or carriers.
• Maintains real time awareness of external influences such as fuel costs, regulations, weather and labor issues at ports
• Manages strategic relationship with 3PLs and carriers that provide services to North America
• Oversee generation and distribution of reports for key performance indicators, identifies trends and key issues and shares regular operational performance summary.
This position is able to deal with high levels of ambiguity, anticipates potential risks and develops corresponding contingency plans Builds relationships and works closely with cross functional stakeholders (examples: Commercial, Finance, Demand and Supply Planning, Contract Manufacturing, Quality) and external partners to ensure alignment and business optimization.
Cambridge, MA, US
Supply Chain, Global Operations
8-10 years of relevant industry experience, including controlled temperature (cold-chain) logistics of cGMP regulated materials.
Bachelor degree; Master degree preferred. Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, Finance or Supply Chain.