Associate Director, Materials and Logistics – Revance Therapeutics – Fremont, CA, USA
Revance is seeking a highly motivated Supply Chain leader with clinical and commercial supply management expertise. This position is responsible for consolidating and managing the Revance supply chain and leading a group to support materials management function for all Clinical and future commercial operations activities for a cGMP production facility. This position is also responsible for acting as the clinical supplies coordinator.
- In depth understanding of GxP, planning, scheduling, inventory management, and logistics to develop and manage supply chains for all phases of clinical studies and future commercial supplies.
- Lead a Materials Management team, manage team members in their daily activities, and ensure team compliance to documentation requirements, training and career growth.
- Support the design, implementation, and maintenance of the ERP system to support the company’s commercialization plans.
- Develop and report Key Performance Indicators including forecast accuracy, inventory levels, inventory reserve, months of supply, and customer delivery performance.
- Ensure batch release and retest dates are properly prioritized for manufacturing, packaging and labeling timelines, based on need and input from Manufacturing, Regulatory, Clinical and Quality.
- Track deviations and CAPAs; work to resolve recurring problems with permanent solutions.
- Create and maintain accurate monthly inventory reports for all products and materials.
- Create, review and update supply plans to meet the demands of multiple and international clinical trials.
- Maintain records and check accuracy of inventory counts and investigate and resolve any discrepancies, informing management of findings.
- Partner with Clinical Operations to identify and fulfill clinical supply demands.
- Provide oversight for labeling, packaging and importation/exportation compliance of labeled supply and subsequent shipment to the clinical sites.
- Exercise independent judgment, analytical and problem solving skills in order to resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner. Anticipate and defuse any potential problems.
- Participate in Inspection Readiness effort, ensuring Supply Chain and Materials Management is fully prepared for both internal and external audits
- Ensure compliance with all internal finance policies and procedures including corporate SOX requirement
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in supply management and logistics in biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Management experience of 7 years or more
- Proficient in cGMP’s, pharmaceutical industry procedures, FDA and EMEA regulations
- Experience in supply to and depot management in US, Canada, Europe, Latin & South America
- Leverage controlled room temperature and cold chain expertise to guide selection of shippers, couriers and shipping lanes.
- Utilize ERP experience to provide insight for ERP design and implementation.
- Prior experience with Botulinum toxin or controlled substances is a plus.
- Manage several projects simultaneously to quality, budget and schedule constraints
- Capable of assembling project budgets
- Proven ability to work in cross functional teams to execute projects and strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead a team
- Excellent Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Flexibility and the ability to manage change
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, solid organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability for analytical and systematic thinking
- Must be competent with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Materials Management, Supply Chain, or related discipline.