Associate Director Logistics and Distribution – ImmunoGen, Inc. – Waltham, MA, USA
ImmunoGen is a clinical-stage biotechnology company that develops targeted anticancer therapeutics with its proprietary antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology. The Company’s lead product candidate, mirvetuximab soravtansine, is a potential treatment for folate receptor α-positive ovarian cancers and other solid tumors. Leading healthcare companies have licensed rights to use ImmunoGen’s technology to develop novel anticancer therapies, and Roche’s marketed product, Kadcyla, utilizes ImmunoGen’s ADC technology. More information about the Company can be found at www.immunogen.com .
The Associate Director of Logistics & Distribution will report to the Head of Supply Chain. He or she will help set future direction for ImmunoGen’s warehouse and global distribution operations, oversee and manage all daily activities, drive continuous improvement in the operations, and manage related systems and information in a cGMP manufacturing environment.
This individual will have direct responsibility for receipt, storage and distribution to ImmunoGen operations as well as select Contract Manufacturers for all components, intermediates and WIP materials for Production. This includes in-house as well as ImmunoGen materials maintained at Contract Manufacturing Organizations or offsite storage. This individual will also be responsible for distribution of finished goods to clinical and commercial sites, and will also be responsible for overseeing / supporting all shipping including imports, exports, hazmat (DOT/IATA compliance) and clinical materials.
The areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Determine the appropriate configuration for the distribution network, as well as the scope of operations for individual sites;
- Manage, select, and improve warehouse operations – both internal and 3PL as appropriate, to ensure an uninterrupted and seamless flow of product;
- Maintain all storage areas in cGMP compliant and audit ready status;
- Manage, select, and improve carriers and transportation operations to efficiently move materials between company and external locations;
- Facilitate shipment coordination and product availability, including the efficient movement of materials (raw materials, intermediates and drug products) globally, including import/export documentation + applicable fees, taxes, and duties;
- Promote and maintain GXP compliance throughout ImmunoGen’s network, as well as TSA, EH&S, and all other applicable requirements;
- Utilize both passive and active storage containers as well as coordinate shipments with Contract Manufacturing Organizations for Cold Chain Shipping;
- Develop, implement, maintain, and improve procedures and systems for inventory control and reconciliation, warehousing, and distribution;
- Assess, recommend, and support the implementation of an electronic warehouse and/or inventory management system(s), as required;
- Develop material release schedules in conjunction with quality and assist with material planning and purchasing, as required;
- Develop and implement new packaging, shipping, and shipment monitoring procedures;
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure effective, efficient processes to support all internal and external manufacturing and testing activities;
- Select, manage, develop, mentor and evaluate distribution personnel to ensure the function’s efficient operation;
- Handle all QA related issues, including maintaining and revising SOPs, managing exceptions and deviations, leading investigations to determine root causes for problems, manage Change Controls, and investigate and implement CAPAs.
Finally, the Associate Director of Logistics & Distribution will be responsible for handling all US Customs and Border Protection issues such as TSA pre-screening, Export and Import processes and documentation, training material handlers, classifications of materials and audit of program.
Who You Are
- 10-15 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry in Warehousing and Logistics/Distribution or related role
- 6-10 years’ experience in a management position
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, operations management or similar relevant discipline, MBA preferred
- Expert at Excel spreadsheets and WMS system usage; WMS system implementation experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Deep experience in international biopharmaceutical logistics and cold chain shipping
- From an educational perspective, a bachelor’s degree in science is preferred
- Experience managing warehouse operations in a cGMP environment
- Experience with international shipping regulations, documentation, tariff / VAT structures and a broad range of couriers, carriers and freight forwarders, both domestic and international
- Must be able to pass TSA pre-screen and IATA / DOT certifications
- Communications: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with success working across organizational boundaries at all levels to bring together people of diverse backgrounds and skill-sets to create, influence and negotiate win-win solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others, influence without authority, and negotiate conflict situations
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders
- Self-directed individual who is able to work effectively in a complex, fast-paced environment
ImmunoGen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.