Associate Clinical Trial Distribution/Logistics – Eli Lilly – Indianapolis, IN, USA
This position will serve as a key resource for the management and tactical teams of CT’s Indianapolis based North American Distribution Operations. This role will initially support start-up of the new CT Distribution Facility (K401) located on Lilly’s LTC-N campus. As the facility is commissioned and qualified, this role will evolve to support the facility’s go-live and stabilization
- Serve as a key resource to K401 Management, PD Operations and the CT Supply Chain on all aspects of distribution, logistics and transportation operations.
- Anticipate and resolve complex technical and operational problems associated with daily, ongoing and strategic distribution & logistics operations.
- Make decisions and gain support for ideas impacting CT’s distribution & logistics operations, policy and projects.
- Identify internal/external customer requirements and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
- Establish and leverage a network of diverse customers, regulators, and stakeholders in/outside of K401 and CT Distribution Operations.
- Formulate and drive solutions across stakeholder network.
- May lead medium scale projects within CT Distribution Operations with moderate risks and financial/resource requirements.
- May manage budget associated with medium scale distribution & logistics operations projects.
- Influence outside span of direct control to drive solutions across CT Distribution Operations and related CT Supply Chain Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience in Distribution, Logistics, Import/Export, Domestic/International Transportation, or Supply Chain Operations
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Strong organizing/multi-tasking skills
- Strong quantitive and qualative Analytics experience
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Strong computer skills
- Experience working in/with Pharmaceutical Clinical Trial Supply Chain Operations.
- Working knowledge of cGMP’s, cGDP’s, TSA, C-TPAT, DOT and Pharma cold-chain
- Experience developing and writing cGMP Standard Operating Procedures(SOP’s)
- Experience working with customs brokers and freight forwarders
- Experience and working knowledge of LEAN and Six Sigma concepts
- Experience with critical IT systems (SAP & CTWIN)
- Must speak fluent English
- Comprehensive business and technical knowledge to improve Distribution, Logistics, Import/Export, Domestic/International Transportation, and Supply Chain processes and services
- May require after-hours support for critical distribution and logistics operations
- Minimal travel may be required, both domestic and international
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.