Americas Regional Transportation Manager – Thermo Fisher Scientific – Swedesboro, NJ, USA
The Americas Regional Transportation Manager is responsible for the leadership and participation in cross-functional business process improvement activities. This individual is required to have a complete understanding of Export and Import Regulations. This individual oversees, manages, facilitates and works to improve all import/export/local transactions. Position is responsible for negotiation of regional airline/ocean/ground cost tariffs. This individual is responsible for timely billing and payment of international and domestic vendors and customers. Must be growth oriented and possess the ability to work with customers, sales team, and transportation staff.
- Management of Priority Solutions International (PSI) transportation and vendor management personnel located at multiple sites within the Americas.
- Extensive regional travel is required.
- Work in conjunction with Global Sales team to drive growth from new and existing accounts.
- Work in conjunction with global counterparts to expand PSI coverage within the Americas region to include, opening new offices and/or aligning with strategic vendor partners.
- Responsible for P&L within the transportation function at PSI offices in the Americas.
- Maintain a strong understanding of logistics interaction between systems, processes, operations and transportation.
- Provide guidance to support direct reports with International export/import regulation compliance and service needs.
- Serves as escalation point for both internal clients and vendors.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Recognize and lead strategic opportunities for process improvement within logistics group.
- Negotiate cost for airline, ground and ocean tariffs for maximum financial gain.
- Co-ordinate and manage internal and external parties to deliver the initiatives within agreed upon time frame.
- Ensure key metrics are maintained for support of profitability, shipment counts, on time performance and billing deadlines.
- Coaching and training all vendors on PSI procedures, as well as information that is specific to each client.
- Update and/or create international customer tariffs, tenders and guidelines for spot quoting.
- Ensure audit of international transactions and vendors for compliance and accuracy.
- Review department training needs to comply with governmental law and company compliance internationally.
- Lead global network development initiatives, drive strategic partnerships with partner service providers.
- Ensure Quality Assurance procedures are followed within department and external sub contractors.
- Ensure audit compliance of pharmaceutical delivery vendor network.
- Prioritization skills
- 7-10 years experience in cold chain pharmaceutical movement and freight-forwarding
- Interpersonal skills/communication
- Organization and planning
- Internal and external problem resolution
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Seven years International Export/Import management experience
- Able to prioritize workload and ensure department meet objectives of the company
- Ability to work across cultures and interact with clients
- Able to analyze problems and define solutions to management
- Ability to influence others to achieve objectives, excellent written and verbal communication and leadership skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to support each other within the team
- Flexible and adaptable with strong customer management skills
- Working knowledge of International compliance regulations