Manager, Operations – Jarden – Vernon, CA, USA
Responsible for all activities in the Production and S&OP process, Materials Planning, Material Usage control and Scheduling, including personnel, MRP, plant scheduling and inventory control. Works as a team with the plant Manger and the local plant staff to execute the required production schedule and to develop the organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage, analyze and report key performance indicators on a daily, weekly and monthly basis – examine the entire manufacturing process to determine the correct performance measures for the company, change measures and put new ones in place where appropriate.
- Finished goods and work in process inventory reduction and management – conduct analysis to determine slow moving and obsolete inventory, then initiate and manage the projects to properly dispose (sell, rework, write-off) of that inventory.
- Inventory/service level optimization – conduct analysis to determine optimum inventory and service level targets for our company, design process changes and execute supporting project work to achieve those targets.
- Manufacturing process flow optimization – conduct analysis to determine best manufacturing configuration for efficiency and flexibility.
- New business/product planning – manage new business planning process from conception through product sell-off.
- Forecasting – develop a forecasting system specific to the company’s needs that is timely, thorough, prevents surprises, and is statistically verifiable.
- Capacity analysis – plan for flexibility and responsiveness to near and long term requirements while reducing cycle times.
- Cost/benefit analysis – provide senior management potential courses of action on major decisions.
- Supervisory duties to include planners, schedulers and clerical personnel
- Assists in successfully achieving Supply Chain objectives as evidenced by:
- Development and implementation of continuous improvement efforts relating to costs, and customer value
- Successfully manage and implement approved Capital Projects that obtain predetermined goals within budget
- Work internally and externally to enhance processes
- Development of financial and strategic plans
- Development of direct reports to improve knowledge, skills, and abilities
Supervise Others: Yes
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management; or BS in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering; or Business Administration or related field
- 2 to 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of inventory and demand management such as forecasting, planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing.
- Proficient; Microsoft Office Products: Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook, SAP Software
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Lean-Six Sigma Certifications.
- Bilingual; Spanish/English
- Sitting at workstation approximately 85 percent of work time. Standing and walking approximately 15 percent of work time.
- Must be able to travel 10-15 percent of work time.
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice
- Typical office environment with shelves overhead and above work surfaces.