Meeting Regulatory Requirements for Periodic Remapping… Where is the wiggle room?
This blog post from Vaisala discusses the following questions:
- When determining hot/cold spots, do you look at average or single temperature peaks?
- Do you assign a location as a hot spot based on a single registered hot peak under a week’s mapping? For example, how do you determine when a hot/cold spot is considered as a hot/cold spot?
- When are you certain it’s statistically significant?
- Does the mapping study help ensure that multiple fixed sensors cover the distribution (and extremes) continuously?
- Finally, can we then justifiably avoid the requirement to remap periodically?